Tuesday, December 9, 2008

First Cycle of Chemo

First three week long cycles of chemo started.  Yesterday, Monday, was a long day (home at 6:15 pm due to my "allergic" reaction to the first drug, Rituxam. This reaction is common and simply fought with Benadryl.  So I pretty much slept`through the day and felt similarly drowsy as I headed home for a good night's sleep.  My big thanks to Danyelle & Will Prouty (my wonderful neig
hbors with two sons) who are helping with drop-off and pick-up of Kathryn this week.  Thanks also go to Michelle Lyons, Mother of Eva who is a best friend of Lauren, who is helping out with Lauren's school drop-off and pick-ups as well as a few overnighters.  Scott is keeping the girls as needed during all my therapy so his support has been great along with Dad and others. So all is going fine so far.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI Joan, I am sending good thoughts for you. You have THE best doctor! He took care of my brother and I KNOW he will take care of you. Not to mention the amazing strength and positive attitude you have!

Hugs
Cindy Trent and family