Got a call from the Stem Cell transplant coordinator yesterday, my CT Scan looks good (meaning the last two rounds of chemo worked and the cancer is responding/shrinking) which makes me officially a stem cell candidate. NOW, the transplant team will start and the coordinator will line me up with all the preliminary tests (heart, lung, etc) to make sure I'm healthy enough to endure the transplant. Once the tests are completed they forward the info to my insurance for approval, which can take up to two weeks. In the meantime medically, they will proceed with steps for stem cell harvesting and my anticipated entry date for my minimum three-week hospital treatment continues to be Feb 2nd.
Personally, I am feeling well….no one would ever know I have cancer except for the bald head. I feel great and have plenty of energy. My blessings continue.
In the meantime, plenty of projects are in the works and I'm starting to feel like someone who is going on "vacation" for a month and needing to get everything planned ahead. I have two daughters birthdays- Lauren (Jan 16th) is having a Super 17 Roller Skating and Slumber party and Kathryn (Feb 1) is also wanting a Roller Skating and Slumber party which will be held on Friday, Jan 30th. I have a hallway to paint by next week, which I believe I have the helpers for. I have to finish getting some details into that care calendar so many of you who have asked will know how to support me during my at home recovery after the transplant. Margaret will arrive on Jan 30th through Feb 26th so she may also be helping with details on the care calendar before I arrive home. I continue to feel very blessed that Margaret can come for the entire month to make sure my daughters have a stable home life in my absence (that will be hard enough on them). I feel extremely blessed that my dear Father is willing and able to provide support me in more ways than just love and is nurturing a stress-free environment.
As a family, the girls seem to be taking this quite well. They are enjoying participating in the Family Counseling Group at the Providence Cancer Center and I recommend it to anyone who might have a friend in the future who needs family support….the group is free to the community whether you are part of Providence or not.
Some have asked about my business, I've actually held a few candle shows, had a catalog party too and have a few more shows to do for the month of January. Although my personal business will halt for February. I will hopefully feel well enough to get catalog orders moving over-the-phone while I'm confined to my home in March and then get back out doing shows in April (with my doctors approval). Feel free to encourage your candle loving friends to visit the catalog at my website www.partylite.biz/joan to place orders!
Hugs to you all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment