Handled second round of chemo (my New Years 2009) well and came home to rest up over weekend. Had my first candle party Sunday and glad to have made myself "get up to go"....as they say, something about getting "moving" that makes you feel better. Continue to feel ok and now looking to get a variety of things in order this month while waiting for the stem cell infusion month.
The "Big" change since my last update is that I decided to exit the "study" for the SGN Drug. Hard to do from the standpoint that I live life by honoring what I say I will do. What I had not recognized was the time commitment involved and the added stress that it caused me - especially during the holiday's and the poor weather. So I exited December 24th and was told that I now would not be given the third chemo cycle (part of the study protocol). Additionally, the weekly Wednesday visits for the SGN drug are also now free. Whew!
Everyone's asking what's happening and how I'm doing. First, I continue to feel blessed with how well my body has received the chemo. Medically, I'm waiting for the next scan in about two weeks after which preparations for the stem cell infusion are anticipated. The preparations include 10 days of a booster drug (self given at home like insulin shots), followed by the stem cell harvest and then folllowed up with entry to the hospital for the actual infusion month.
What else is happening? As with most of you, the New Year always brings about some reorganization and getting life "back in order" following the holidays and our recent crazy we the weather....so busy getting winter and holiday items back to storage. Of course, I also have to continue building business/sales for January....so all orders and/or referrals are welcome!!!!
Also, before the house cleaners can come to really clean up from all my painting projects I have to finish painting....yes, one last major piece, the hallway badly needs a fresh coat of paint. It just looked so sad after all the upstairs bedrooms were finished....would be strange not to just finish the whole upstairs...so its going to get done! Then the housecleaning and a little more organzation/clutter clearing....wanting to set the house up for ease of cleaning when I'm living a "low bacteria" recovery life for several months.
So, all is well. More info will be posted as the dates become more clear.
Hugs, love and Happy New Year to you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I never knew how beautiful your girls were. You must be very proud of them. That is a wonderful picture of the three of you. I think of you often Joan and hope you are making it through everyday with that great attitude you have always shared with all us Partylite gals. You are an inspiration to me and always have been ever since we were roommates in St.Luis. I love you lots "Special Lady" and will keep you in my prayers and thoughts.
Carol Adams
Post a Comment