Well, following the stem cell transplant everything seemed to be going well. Had a concern that required I take three-days antibotics and by day two my stomach was quite upset. Proceeded to inform Primary Physician, restarted Prevacid for anti-acid treatment as I was seeing my Oncologist the following week. Oncologist scheduled a PET Scan early (protocol after stem cell is 100 days and its only been 60) but we all wanted to clear any questions. Disappointed by news, PET Scan completely clear except for hot spot in stomach. Proceeded to Endoscopy one week later, saw Oncologist today and Radiation Doctor has now been added. Plan to isolate and clear tumor (lymphoma tumors respond well to radiation apparently) with 20 radiation treatments...small doses daily for four weeks.
Seem to be on a cancer journey that is not ready to call it quits...so I stay on this treadmill.
Just feeling very dissapointed by it all...I know we all are. I have to tell my girls its not over...but it never will be over is some respects. I look forward to the day when I can look back with years of remission under my belt.
So, keep the prayers and healing thoughts coming.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
To say this is "challenging" must be an understatement of great magnitude. My first reaction is a heavy heart. You've gone through so much treatment already and now even more to come.
I'm then struck with the realization that you're a fighter and a winner with strength and spunk and wisdom.
You're in my prayers, Joan...always.
This is one challenge you could do without. But here it is and I know you can conquer it.
Let me know if and when you need anything and be sure to ask. Now is not the time to be shy.
Karen
(Smile)I amazed at your enduring strength in times such as these.... Yes, another step in your journey, but another step in getting well, and soon arriving at your destination- good health and remission!
Healing and loving energy from my heart is always felt and directed to you when I think of you and your family....
a long hug and a smile... I love you girl!
~Tara
Post a Comment