Fifth chemo treatment last Wednesday and my last (#6) chemo is scheduled for November 1st! Again, can't report any horrific problems. Taking a little extra goodies for countering some constipation but that is about it. Everything is good! Life is good! And I'm feeling so blessed as others at the chemo clinic do not have a simple six treatment plan like mine -some are working on 12 treatment plans that take 3 days each. Please take a moment to send your loving prayers and healing energy to all who struggle with this disease and many other ailments (including hunger).
Only now things have become more clear from when I was first diagnosed by the GI Doctor and his statement early on about how "this is the cancer to get". At the time, I was extremely unsure what that could really mean as I was facing such an unknown. Cancer definitely zooms your life out of control. Even more so with my first oncologist recommending a serious transplant procedure - how can that be "the one you want to get?". Nothing seemed simple last June and July. Again, thank goodness for finding Doctor Nichols! Thank you Sue Sumpter at the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society for that referral!!! Dr. Nichol's care and those at the Oregon Clinic have been super. And I can't be more thrilled or excited each day to know that I'm making it through this!!!! And only one more treatment to go!!! The wigs have been fine but I'm definitely ready to grown my own!
I've planted lots of spring (early, mid and late) bulbs in my front yard this week. Admittedly I've never gotten this task done in the Fall. Looking forward to next spring with my NEW HAIR, my new view on life, and a front yard showing bright, flowering life reflecting the true joy of renewal and life energy inside our home.
Thanks again to so many of you for all your constant love and prayers. I LOVE YOU ALL!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What incredible news!!! You are my inspiration. See you Saturday morning.
Sheryl B.
HI Joan,
Just wanted you to to know that over 20,000 runners ran to fight Leukemia and Lymphoma in the Nike San Francisco Marathon. I did the 1/2 marathon for you Joan. It was interesting reading the signs to motivate me up "heartbreak hill". One pair of tennis shoes=$100, one stem cell transplant =$130,000 and one five-year cancer free diagnosis=PRICELESS!! We raised 18.5 million dollars to fight cancer! Nov. 1 can't come soon enough!!
Love,
Julie
Post a Comment