Final chemo last week, Thursday, November 1st!!! All went well. Found myself starting to be a little more sensitive to odor, particularly, a very clinical smell but nothing too dramatic. So, once again, I'm feeling more blessed with the smoothness of this experience. Never would I have ever know that someone can just go through chemo treatment and not get really sick from it all. Not to diminish the significant illness some do experience but, most who know me would agree, attitude really does make a BIG difference!
Started my daily work outs again and that feels super! Life routines returning. My scalp is seeing a little more fuzz too...and that I'm truly looking forward too - HAIR AGAIN!!! I had almost finally lost all my eyebrows - thank goodness for eyebrown pencils and my hairdressing/cosmetology education. And, my eyelashes - they had really hung on for a long time until my poor use of a eyelash curler a couple weeks ago...it was sort of an "oops". All I could do was laugh at myself (well, I might have used a couple more colorful words) and counted my blessings that they'd hung on so long as I was only one chemo away from the end! Watching my hair return will truly be a wonderful renewal feeling that this challenging journey is winding down.
My biggest goal of course is to hear my doctor tell me "full remission", which will follow my next PET scan the first week of December. And, of course, there will be some monitoring over the next few years but I truly believe my journey will be done. I believe this challenge has come to give me strength to accomplish other great endeavors. I look forward to joining the ranks of the cancer survivor community and am investgating areas in which I can contribute to raise awareness and give back.
Remember, Life is truly all about how we respond to the challenges we are given! Live, love and laugh today!
My deepest affection to all of you!
I love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm looking forward to the Good News in early December!
You are amazing Joan - I'm so amazed by your attitude and faith; it is strong enough to beat this - I do believe you can do anything!
See you Monday!
Traci
Glad to hear you are done with chemo. Your blog was inspiring. As many others have said before me, you truly are amazing. I'm sure that your experience and attitude will help many others going through this. Hope you had a Happy Birthday. We love you and are thinking about you always.
Love, Laurie, Dave, Willie and Holly
Post a Comment