Friday, December 7, 2007

Cancer FREE - its official!!!

Its Official - I am CANCER FREE!
Had PET/CT scan 12/3 and final results review with Oncologist 12/5.
Asked Dr. Nichols "can someone get this, have chemo, have lymphoma go away and then never see it again" without hesitation his response was "oh yes!" He added that statistics for "full remission" improve even more significantly when the patient's PET/CT scan is a "complete negative". I asked "is that me" and he confirmed "that's YOU....and that's what we expect for you". What joyous words to my ears...."cancer free!" And I should expect to never see it again!!!

Have to share that upon my wait in the doctors office...the minutes seemed like hours due to my anxiousness to hear the results (from the PET/CT scan two days prior)....anyway, I look up to see a Sunset Magazine in the wall rack and the cover text said "the best Christmas ever"....yes, I felt it was a message and sure enough all OUR prayers have been answered. I continue to be aware of my blessings throughout this journey as I know my experience has been filled with a "great light" of ease by comparison to the severe struggles for many others. And now, I also am blessed to feel the joy of being cancer free! There is truly no greater joy than to know that I have been given the gift of life; thus, my journey on earth is not done.

I am pleased to share that I will be working in the future as a "TNT Honored Teammate" for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Team in Training (LLS-TNT). To learn more about this fabulous TNT fundraising program just do a search on the web.

I look forward to the many hugs and celebrations we will share together in the future.
Love to you all!

P.S. My hair is starting to reappear...slowly but its growing again!!!! Yippee!

No comments: