Good Morning!
Have learned to go to bed a little earlier with my 4:30 am blood draw for labs and my various intervals of blood pressure checks, etc. Waking each morning to a meditation tape, breakfast, shower and then riding the stationary bike for some exercise. Also have some breathing exercises to do throughout the day too. Working into a routine I believe will help make each day pass better. Overall, so far so good on the personal comfort front, today was the first of feeling a twinge of nausea but nothing serious. Had a slight headache and my nurse asked if I was coffee drinker and upon my positive response he suggested a cup of coffee to meet my usual morning quota. Silly huh? Feel fortunate not to report anything more but I am prepared to endure what ever it takes….doc says some people glide right through this, pray my good fortune continues.
Today and tomorrow will finish my days of chemo, then 1 day of rest (may get a pass to go out for a ride for a couple hours if blood counts ok) and then Tuesday is my stem cell infusion day. Following days (10) are the potential for being the “worst” as my counts will be so low the medical team will be doing everything to keep me comfortable from nausea, fever, mouth sores, etc. Those are the warnings but as I said, doc says some people glide through.
Finished another book, “Pride and Prejudice” and will move on to the next “Mr. Darcy takes a Wife” as soon as Margaret brings it. Reading is helping to keep my time occupied as so many solid hours of reading time is truly a luxury and much preferred over Television for sure.
Computer a little tough to use as I get bumped off the network frequently and too be honest I’m enjoying the reading too much!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Joan! What a wonderful update! When I read your book selections, it made me wonder if you have seen the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice, starring Colin Firth. It is delightful. I have it on DVD and would love to loan it out to you if you think you would enjoy it (it is 5 hours long). I also have the recent movie version starring Kiera Knightley and although I prefer BBS's version, the movie version, I believe is more true to form showing the roughness of the day. Let me know if you want me to drop off movies. My chick flick collection is small but you may find use for them. -karen
Joan! What a wonderful update! When I read your book selections, it made me wonder if you have seen the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice, starring Colin Firth. It is delightful. I have it on DVD and would love to loan it out to you if you think you would enjoy it (it is 5 hours long). I also have the recent movie version starring Kiera Knightley and although I prefer BBS's version, the movie version, I believe is more true to form showing the roughness of the day. Let me know if you want me to drop off movies. My chick flick collection is small but you may find use for them. -karen
Joan,
I would have written sooner, but I have struggled with using a google acc. correctly. What can I Say!!
It relaxes me to hear you talk about all you are doing to keep your mind and body at rest so you can tolerate this treatment. You are one awesome women and I am going to keep saying that because it is so true. The Dr. said that some people glide through this and with your attitude and spirit I think you will be one of those patients that he speaks of.
I'm glad Margeret (sp) is there with you. Nothing better then the love of a sister to care for you, but also laugh with you. I know my sister always makes me feel better.
If I get this note through I will write more often. You are on my mind and in my heart. I will say a special prayer for you tonight and also for your little ones and family. Take care my friend!!
Love, Carol
Joan,
I am trying to figure out how to write you a note that will send. I'm not good with google account so bare with me. I keep loosing what I write. I'll keep trying because I want to drop you notes from time to time.
Carol
Joan, I've tried to leave comments but don't seem to be able. If you get this one, I'll post more. Thinking of you and sending positive thoughts your way. Love you, Judy
Post a Comment