Thursday, February 12, 2009

Official Hospital Entry Date - February 17!

I'm just around the corner from entry to the hospital to start the Stem Cell Infusion process. I enter on Tuesday, February 17th to begin six days of daily chemotherapy. There is one day (Mon., Feb. 23) of rest before the Stem Cell Reinfusion on Tuesday, February 24 (Day 0 - zero). This will begin my In-Hospital Recovery period which will last a minimum of 10 or so days before my blood count levels return. During Recovery I could be feeling well enough to sit up and post some blog notes or I may be not feeling up to much of anything...my vision is the former!
How long my In-Hospital Recovery will take is all dependent how smoothly my recovery goes...so send lots of healing prayers my way for a smooth recovery! At the earliest, I could be released to come home around March 10th or so....just keep checking this blog for updates.

I'm excited to say the house is ready for my at-home recovery period. Margaret has been helping with the finishing touches of organization and elimination. Since November, many family and friends have helped with various projects to prepare and unclutter the house to insure it is "housecleaning" friendly. Also, my upstairs is like new with the girls have "new" bedrooms (freshly painted and decorated), and there is now a guest room for anyone who might be staying to assist me during recovery. Alot has been accomplished over the last couple months, big hugs and thanks to all my family and friends!!! I'd also like to give a BIG thanks to a very dear friend who has offered to help keep my home "bacteria free" by covering the cost of weekly housekeeping service over the next few months of my recovery.

So, just a few weeks to go in the hospital and then several months of at-home recovery. The first couple weeks will be the most significant as far as "around the clock" caregivers to watch over me and make sure I am on a healthy recovery path. Margaret and I are preparing final lists of groceries common for our household as we've recognized that will be easier than trying to have people bring and/or prepare "low bacteria" meals. Part of it being, I may have a suppressed appetite so just having simple things in the cupboards and the freezer may be the best for our household. We are also working on the "around the clock" caregiver schedule for the first two weeks. I've made up an email list of folks who have expressed interest in helping and emails will be forwarded to you soon. Feel free to contact my sister, Margaret at margaretann@reikiartscontinuum.com if you would like to be part of my support team and have note received an email.

Wishing you all a wonderful Valentine's Day with your loved ones!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have been in my thoughts all week. I am sending intense healing thoughts your way as well as positive thoughts to Margaret. Hang in there and recover quickly... a cruise is waiting for you at the other end! XO, karen