Friday, January 22, 2010

Day +2

Well, all the chemo is done. The stem cells infusion was Wednesday. Been feeling a little punky from the chemo. My neck got kinked from sleeping which only added to my feeling poorly as I didn't want to move. Of course, the medicines I'ved needed were either nausea or pain/muscle relaxer which just kept me dozing in bed. Feel like I've been asleep for a week!

Seem to be getting back my stomach, eating better, rode the stationary bike today and enjoyed a glorious hot shower! No, I'm not at the spa...feeling a little claustrophobic in my room but felt up to finally sending a note out to the blog. Know this means, I'm having a good day,

Friend, Karen, has visited a couple times keeping me in clean britches and today is bringing my contour pillow from home! I'll never leave home with out it again! Not for a extended stay like this.

Heard word from the Spencer Family that Kathryn has been a wonderful girl and seems to be enjoying herself with her knew "roomie" Ruby...whispering into the dark. And that she's learning what it would be like with a sometimes annoying little brother too.

Lauren has been at home with Dad and/or Aunt Margaret. Lauren has a super 18 birthday with 18 family and friends in attendance...Scott did a great job coordinating it all! I hear from Lauren at least every other day. She wishes I were home. She wishes all would go away! Don't we all. It scarey for all of us.

Margaret extended her holiday stay. Hoping to get more done that she was but unfortunately she is going back into ER today as she's not been doing well at home. This is the craziness of cancer...a family without a history and now suddenly two sisters dealing with different types of cancer....although the feelings and emotions are the same.

Love to you all for your prayers and loving thoughts

Happy to report

2 comments:

Lisa Kane said...

Hi Joan! I've been thinking about you. SO glad a match was found! I spoke with Ryan and Kathryn, and I'm hoping to borrow your daughter for an afternoon. Not sure what to do with a girl, though! You're an inspiration to all who know you, and my prayers are with you. I'm going to let the church folks know about the lotsahands site, so you can expect some church food!

Love and positive thoughts for good days and returning strength!

Lisa Kane

pcadams@cbbmail.com said...

Joan,
Thank you for the blog writing. We all are concerned and the good news is up lifting. Eating, riding the bike and the the shower do sound like a good day. May God send many more of those in the days ahead. I will keep you and Margeret in my prayers.
Much love,
Carol