Friday, January 29, 2010

Day +9

Well, my blood counts are at the bottom and now we have to get through a few days to see them start to build from the new donor system. I've had a few days of a little nausea just trying to keep pills going down. And then I'd bit the inside of my mouth, got a blood blister which then activated some mouth and throat soreness from the mucasitis (an expected issued for someone in my stage). Then there is the blood sugars...low when I'm not on steroids and then back up when I'm on them (common for anyone on steroids is high blood sugars). And with the sore throat I've been drinking enough water so I've had IV fluids over night. So, all-in-all on a scal of 0-10 with 10 being all kinds of harse response to everything, I'm at about a 1 or 2. I'm doing really well as all this other stuff is really minor.

Well, Margaret is starting radiation in Portland on her spine to deal with some new tumors and then she will fly back to NYC. Her plan is to eventually move to Portland in July 2011.

Kathryn's 11th birthday celebration is this week. She is very excited for her party with friends at Oaks and then for pizza and then an overnighter at her girlfriends. Then she get the big family party on Sunday at Red Robin. Fun, Fun, Fun!

Take care all, thanks for your continued prayers and support.

2 comments:

Patience Gifford said...

Have you read all the books you had stacked up? Need some suggestions?
Can you receive visitors? Want any?

"God expresses unsurpassable love for us and ascribes unsurpassable worth to us by sacrificing the one who has unsurpassable value on our behalf."

Patience Gifford

Joan said...

Was keeping myself busy with activities but then ran into a period Day 8 plus where my attention and focus was not as strong. So, I rested, listened to FM Classics radio and just medidated to let my body regenerate as needed. I've got plenty of projects and two books but thank you!