Monday, January 25, 2010

Day +5

Well, my system is doing the downturn on the blood counts (white is down to .20)....everything, from the old system that received the high-dose chemo, will hit 0 (between now and day 8 or so). Then the numbers start recovering, because of the new stem cells engrafting, and by day 10 we will see them start rising as they rebuild. So, I'm counting the 14 days (to the final stretch of this hospital stay - Feb 8th is the earliest projected date(but nothing is confirmed until its confirmed) that I'm ready for release. Now is, obviously too soon to be sure. Based on how well I'm doing so far, I expect my blessings to continue and I should meet that date.

Got moved to a new ROOM!!! I'm at the top of the mountain, overlooking the tram and have a full view of the city!!! I'm staring right now the center of the Ross Island Bridge...makes me feel very at home. My first "night light" view I found the blinking red light at 26th and Clinton! So wave at me as you cross the Ross Island my neighbors! (hee, hee). Any way, I've a room with a view plus it is larger than the last....enough so that I now have a 5 by 8 space for my "living room area" chair, table, and a shelf for a few food snacks and my laptop (when I'm just streaming "friends of chamber music")....hate the tv channels up here so I'm just doing music for the most part. Thank goodness for Wifi and this new laptop so I am able to connect with the outside world. I'm still adjusting to the laptop but have given in to getting a mini-mouse to enhance my ability to click and point for ease of graphics development (forms, flyers, etc.) Excited to have word 2007 with its enhanced capabilities! Over the weekend, I was very productive and caught-up on about 40 overdue notecards. I didn't get to christmas cards this year! And, of course, cleaning out email almost daily now! Today I even walked a mile...11 laps within our wing! Actually, we are encouraged to walk 3 times a day! There are those who walk routinely and those I don't see much of...we all have our own journey with this incideous disease and, as with all life, we all cope with life the best way we can! I feel blessed.

Big shout out of thanks to all of you who are doing so much for me and my children.
And for all your loving thoughts and prayers.

I wanted to update those of you who've responded to my notes about my sister, Margaret Ann Case. She has taken another blow and has found that her "not feeling well" is still her colon cancer which has now progressed into her spine. Many plans are being put in motion to get her insurance moved from NY to OR so that radiation treatment will continue here. She will be living with my Dad during her treatment and our loving family and friends here! Please add Margaret Ann to your many prayers.

1 comment:

julie clarke said...

Hi Joan - I am always thinking of you and glad to hear you are doing well and so far all is going as planned. I'm sending my prayers and thoughts for you and Margaret. Mom told me to tell you and Margaret that she is thinking of you too. Your PartyLite sisters miss you! Did you check the stats on your Unit? They are all working the biz and doing a great job! Sending lot's of hugs & love, Julie C.