So far all is smoothly proceeding along...Doctors say all is well and I'm just doing super.
Little mucuscitus (sp?) issues with a sore throat but normal for the low blood counts. This is a much slower process then the Allo transplant so numbers recover slower because of donor system working to take over while they still give me GVHD (graft vs host disease) anti-rejection medications....which I will be on for months until my tests come back 100% donor. Then, among many other "watch" things, I can't be in the sun much for the rest of my life....urgh! First thought is my PartyLite Trips, the Oregon Coast (not that we have alot of sun to worry about but it happens!), and fishing. The PartyLite trips will see me linen dressed, with my hats and in the shade. Apparently the sun can activate GVHD for the rest of my life. Well, minor detail for life!!!!
As I mentioned, my throat is bothering me a little but its actually on the recovery path now....day 12 and they expect my numbers to really start increasing over the next 2-3 days. Projected date still Feb 8th to go home....a full month...yee gads! I'll be so happy for that. My caregiver, Becky Stone, arrives Feb 6th to settle into the house. And then we'll settle in with the girls too!
I can hardly wait to see my girls. Had to miss both of their Birthdays Jan 16 - Lauren now 18 and Feb 1 - Kathryn now 11. Scott helped organized great Birthday events for them so they had wonderful birthday celebrations with friends and family. All has worked out fun for them and I'm promising a special visit for a special dessert of their choice when I can enter restaurants again. That should make for fun!
Update on Margaret's colon cancer, she's receiving radiation here in Oregon and then will return to NYC for additional chemo (if she chooses). The plan if for her to move permanently to Oregon as of July 2011. It was still a shock to hear she had tumors developed all through her spine (not the cord). She's doing better now emotionally and feels good about the treatment plan at present and returnning to NYC to get on with life to prepare for her move in 18 months. Please send some prayers her way!
Hugs to everyone...just a week or so more to go!!!!! (at least in Hospital)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment