I just arrived home! Yeah HOME!!!! Earlier than expected. This is just day 10 since infusion but I'm so well they released me!!!! Woo hoo!!! Can't tell you all how thrilled I am to be home. I was starting to want to eat less just because the hospital menu never changes. I'd pretty much ordered and/or custom ordered every meal every way I could....and feeling very done. Read the paper yesterday, even read the Safeway adds...now I've got a hankerin' for some asparagus (how silly is that)....couldn't take any more green beans, carrots, broccoli and cauliflower....the diversity of veggies NOW available to satisfy me...ahhh, life is good! And complete access to the internet...without bumping on and off....how we can so easily take so many wonderful little things for granted.
The best part of being home is knowing I am surrounded with so much love...thank you for all your support. YOU are so dear to me. Received a special card from a special lady that featured this quote by Lilian Whiting...."To be rich in friends is to be poor in nothing"....I would add it to include family too!
I look forward to seeing and/or speaking with many of you in the near future. I'm feeling superb but that does not negate my immune system being literally in its "infancy". The doctor has indicated it takes one full year for the complete recovery of all T-cells. At the one year mark I will, in fact, need to repeat all vaccinations....so Feb 24th (the day of my infusion) really is like a new BIRTH-day. Wondering if that means I'm a Scorpio (Nov 7th, 1959) Sun has a Pisces (Feb 24th, 2009) moon of some sort....I'll have to check with the authorities or read which ever one suits me that day! Hee, hee! Or maybe it means I have the right to act like a baby cry, giggle, laugh and see every day with the greatest of joy....actually, we all do every day!
Going to take it easy this weekend. Kathryn with Scott selling her last weekend (I think) of Girl Scout Cookies....she's got 30 to reach her 200 sent success wishes for her. Lauren with her friend, Eva, for another weekender overnight. Dad's staying with me as per Doctor's orders. So a few days of quiet rest before the Girls come home Sunday and we start a fresh new week. Yeah!!!! I'm looking forward to being home with my girls most of all!!!
Have a joyous day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What fantastic news, Joan! Welcome home! Be careful what you wish for; your prepared meals will now all contain asparagus!
hugs, Karen
Welcome Home Joanie! Krissy just gave me your blog so have been catching up on your situ. I like the new B-day thing...or maybe you should have two! haha! Looking forward to seeing you and volunteering my time. Hugs and Kisses your way (germ free via blog)
Julie Algar
Joan,
So glad to hear you are home! I think of you everyday and am so blessed to know you are part of my PartyLite family!
Love, Tammy McCarley
Post a Comment