Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Hair is going to go...so embrace it!

Many friends have mentioned cancer survivors they know never did loose their hair and not to be to quick to cut mine. Well, my chemo plan has a drug that definitely causes hair loss... so I say embrace it! Got my long hair cut Tuesday to a short fun, tozzled cut...Margaret says it really suits me! The girls like it too although Kathryn says "I can't imagine me bald?" I don't think any of us really can but her comment comfirms that I made the right decision to crop it off to ease the transition. Personally, I knew I would rather see two-inches falling out on my pillow rather than the long (to my shoulder blades) length I'd grown it to over that last few years. So I'm short for the next few weeks and then on to scarfs, caps, hats, wigs, etc. The journey continues.

7 comments:

Julie Ann said...

Hi Joan,

Had a chance to catch up on your news with Margaret last night. This is an awesome way to keep us posted of your progress. I was so excited to hear about connecting with your new doctor and getting the latest and best possible treatment.

Stay strong and know that we are pulling for you every step of the way.

Love to you and your family,
Julie Ann

Anonymous said...

Dearest Joan,

I can envision you with cute whispy hair! I'll be happy to share the not-so-professional techniques I use to cut my own hair when yours is growing back in. Just a fairly sharp razor, and you're good to go...it's actually all in the products! I've been cutting my own now for 4 years and find it therapeutic and empowering, believe it or not.

Thank you so much for keeping us updated. I'm praying for you and the girls daily...for strength and courage and that you'll be surrounded with every positive influence possible.

I'll miss you at Conference. Think of how special it'll be when we're all together at Conference NEXT July! We'll celebrate big time!!

Love,
Sharon

Anonymous said...

Hey, Joan~

Just read your blog for the updates. I'm so glad that your first chemo treatment went well and that you are 'embracing the hair loss'.

Today I walked 12 miles with the team and prayed over you with my bracelet that now has "JOAN" written in bright green letters with bright green stars on either side. *grin* I also prayed over you on one of my 5-mile days this week. I'm so glad that Cindy told me about your diagnosis so that I can be a part of your 'healing team'.

God bless and keep you.
love,
julie

Anonymous said...

Joan,
Hey! How come your comments are all coming from Julie's....it must be a mantra for us..cure Joan, cure Joan, cure Joan....I am thinking of you:-)

Love,
Julie Ann Concannon...and not Julie and not Julie Ann...He he..

Anonymous said...

Hi Joan!
You've been in my thoughts so much lately. I am thrilled to find this blog page of yours . Great idea!
Bet the new hair looks cute. If it's a "spunky cut" then it's you girl!!!!!!!!!
Stay strong, and know that you and your beautiful girls are in my prayers.
I'll be checking blogs for your progress updates.
love,
Mary O.

Anonymous said...

Joan,

You look great in your new hair cut! It brings out your beautiful face! Hope things are going well. We are thinking of you daily and wishing you the strength, courage, and conviction to get through this. We love you!

Laurie and Dave

Anonymous said...

Joan:

Hope all going well this past week. Missed you at PL's National Conference. Know you'll join us next year back in St. Louis.

Love your new short haircut. It's darling.

We've got to set some more swim dates for the girls in August.

Love to you all,

Sheryl B.