Saturday, August 25, 2007

Great Beach Trip! Margaret returns to NYC.

Our beach vacation was great! Great weather, lots of beautiful sunsets, jumping in the water (Lauren and Kathryn's favorite part), getting our toes (Kathryn gets her body) in the sand and playing a few games....thanks to a "care package" from the Fraeyman family for the "Whoosit" game, we love it!

Our vacation became a Harry Potter read-athon for Margaret and I. Margaret started it...she had only seen the movies and never read the books....for anyone who knows this avid reader you'd be surprised to hear those words from her mouth. So, she made it almost through the sixth book in our ten day vacation (took it with her to finish the last 150 pages on the plane). I've come home to begin the fifth book. And no I'm not a slow reader. I began the first book when Margaret was starting the third. It was lots of fun for Margaret and I to chuckle over various characters and share in the suspense of the stories as well.

Although our beach trip was fabulous, our return home also meant Margaret's departure and return to her home in New York City. She and I haven't cried at her departure for year's because she visits twice a year (Summer and Christmas) so its just become more of a "see you soon" farewell. This time our goodbye held much deeper feelings. How lucky I am to have a sister who I cherish...a sister and best friend. I love you Margaret.

Cancer, and other life-threathening experiences, are great reminders of the importance of living life to the fullest each and every day because today truly is the gift. It teaches us to remember to experience the love and joy of today, live in the moment and never take anything for granted.

No comments: