Thursday, August 9, 2007

Life is Good! Business, Kids and Beach!

Many have asked about other aspects of life balancing with cancer so here's a little update....

Business is Great! PartyLite's Holiday catalog kicked out August 1 along with the news that we can earn triple and double points toward next year's free trip...PartyLite's "Adventure at Sea" which will be a seven-day cruise to Nassau, Cayman Islands, and Costa Maya. And as always, I'm all over it and expect to exceed by annual goal of 10,000 points for August. We get to carry these points over to the new year when the trip contest occurs Jan-March 2008. Then we travel mid-May...and next year, Margaret will be going as my guest. Added bonus is an extra contest for Leaders to receive two extra days before the cruise in Miami at the Doral Golf Resort and Spa...and yes, I'll earn that too. Fun part about this goal is that I'll have my hair back by then and should actually have a fun, cute, sassy hair cut again ready for a fabulous vacation!
My team is doing well and I have lots of support from everyone so my business is great!

Family Time is plentiful! Given this is summer, Lauren was busy with a camp weekdays all through July and Kathryn's (year round) school ended mid July so that helped them be busy while I was having so many doctor appointments, tests, etc. The schedule has been a little less hectic in August. Also, Scott's had the girls many weekends.

Joyfully, we have a well deserved vacation planned for August 13-23 for Margaret, the girls and myself. We've been able to work in time (between my chemo treatments) for our annual beach trip! Usually Margaret arrives and is at the coast for a month and as many know she'd scheduled herself for two months here this year but hadn't been able to work out a beach rental. And, we now feel there seems to have been some divine intervention as she has been my constant companion during my cancer diagnosis since her arrival to Portland on June 27th. I and the girls have been blessed to have had her with us and I'm so thrilled that she (and all of us) will get some down time at the coast before she returns to New York August 24th. I will miss her but she will be back for the holidays as always.

Overall, I feel very blessed that my quality of life has not been significantly diminished and that we are all moving through this with healthy attitudes, happy hearts and we can expect a wonderful outcome. I am truly experiencing one of my daily affirmations "My world is filled with love and joy...I flow with life...peace of mind is mine."

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Joan, it's Sandra

Glad to read that things are going so well. God is so good and sometimes it's the little details that remind us that He is in the picture. Praise God for a complete recovery!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear, well read, that things are going smoothly for you. Your positive outlook is awesome and I know it will carry you through this. Many prayers your way!
Enjoy your beach trip - see you soon...
Love ya!
Traci

Anonymous said...

Joan you look and sound wonderful! You are an amazing woman. Please know you are in my thoughts and heart on a daily basis. Love, Nancy

Anonymous said...

Joan, you look great. I am soooooo proud of you. You are such a good example for me and I know others on how to hold a consitent and strong business. I am looking forward to our trip together. You and your girls are in my prayers. Please let me know if I can do anything for you.
Love you!
Alicia

Anonymous said...

Hi Joan,
I'm so exited all is going well and you are "marching" forward as a mighty warrior pillar. You are always in my thoughts. Really missed you at conference, am so excited you and Margaret will be on the cruise with us. Mom & I send our love and support! Have a wonderful time at the beach - you deserve it and give the girls a BIG hug for me.
Love,
Julie Clarke
P.S. How many Julie's do you know?

Anonymous said...

Hi Joan,
I have been thinking about you this week--especially since now I am running 10-14 miles per outing. I hope that all my strength and prayers are flowing into your veins along with that chemo...so which one is your favorite hat now:-)

Love,
Julie C.

Anonymous said...

wow.. you have been through a lot and you are doing a great job keeping it simple and staying positive. I admire you and i think you will totally get the trip,the spa,and most importantly the cure! good luck!-
claire fraeyman(11 yrs.)